Need assistance?
The dangers of smartphone charging

Lithium-ion batteries are commonly used in smartphones due to their high energy density and rechargeable nature. While generally safe when used correctly, lithium charging ports for phones can pose several dangers if mishandled or if there are defects in the charging equipment.

Charging ports that are damaged or contaminated can cause excessive heat buildup during charging. This can lead to thermal runaway in the lithium-ion battery, resulting in a fire or explosion. We can avoid harm to customers by tackling charger port fires using lithium-ion fire extinguishers.

Fire Extinguisher Servicing

We offer a complete Britsh Standard certified fire extinguisher service across the UK. Book online today.

Shop Now
Flammables in a coffee shop or bar

In a coffee shop or bar in the UK, it's important to be prepared to fight different classes of fires that may occur:

  • Class A Fires (Solid Materials): These fires involve solid materials such as wood, paper, textiles and plastics. In a coffee shop or bar, this could include furniture, paper napkins or decorations catching fire. To fight Class A fires, you can use water or EnviroFoam fire extinguishers. We recommend these as they are non-toxic and won't contaminate food or drinks. Also, water mist extinguishers may be preferable to avoid potential damage to electrical equipment.

  • Class B Fires (Flammable Liquids): Class B fires involve flammable liquids like alcohol, oils, or cleaning solvents. In a bar setting, spills of alcohol or flammable cleaning agents could ignite. Class B fires should not be extinguished with water, as it can spread the fire. Instead, use foam or carbon dioxide (CO2) extinguishers.